Adidas Copa Mundial Review

Adidas Copa Mundial

First released in 1979, the Copa Mundial has been around for over 30 years. With its timeless design, comfort and durability it’s no wonder that it has mostly remained the same since its first design.

Copa Mundial at first release

Copa Mundial today
The boot features a full kangaroo leather upper in a classic black with white accents which in my opinion is one of the best looking combinations on a football boot. The quality of the leather is fantastic and is without doubt going to last with the right care. This year Adidas did released an inverted colourway of white/black which was a limited released and on the same level, if not a bit better than the stylish black/white colourway. The upper also has a silver detailing of the ‘Copa Mundial’ branding stamped at the side of the Adid as stripes along the side of the boot. The tongue of the boot is also made of k-leather. It has a decent thickness as it also has a cloth material stitched to back of it. The tongue is rather large and is not everyone’s preference but is easily removable like I did with my pair. I used the help of Vujojosh’s video which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ns36TI5iMI
The laces of the Copa’s are also something to point out. Being a shoe designed over 30 years ago, the laces are rather long and can be either cut to size or wrapped around the boot twice as can be seen in the pictures.  The laces that come on the shoe are black but I switched out mine with a white pair and I think these look good if you’re wishing to stand out, without being flashy.




The sizing of the Copa Mundial is an odd one. With most boots I am a size 8UK but I decided to go half a size down in these (7.5). I found that there was space at the front of the boot from straight out of the box so I wish that I got a full size down instead of a half size so that after break-in, the fit would have been perfect. The Copa is one of the most comfortable boots on the market due to the thick soleplate and buttery leather upper which moulds to your foot.
The weight of the Copa Mundial is something that puts most people off but from someone who’s owned adizeros and Pumas V1 series, the Copa’s don’t feel that heavy on feet. They are not lightweight but they are by no means a heavy boot. The Copa’s weigh in at 11.7oz/331grams. The Copa's are also still made in Germany where they were being made all those years ago.
To sum up then, the Copa is a timeless classic that has been around for over 30 years and will still be around in another 30 years. It’s in my opinion one of the best boots on the market, offering no gimmicks, just a top quality football boot.



Where to Buy:



I will be posting more frequently now that I have my laptop back so stay tuned for more reviews,
ThatCoultasGuy.


Comments