Warrior Skreamer Combat FG Review



Warrior Skreamer Combat FG


The Warrior Skreamer Combat is the first and only takedown in Warriors Skreamer line which is worn by the likes of Vincent Kompany, Tim Cahill and Craig Bellamy. The Skreamer line was Warriors first attempt at making a football boot and I would say that they did a pretty good job. When it was released I wanted to try it out but because it was a first attempt at a boot I went for the takedown model which in my opinion, could still rival some of the ‘bigger’ brands top-end boots…



When it was first released the boot caught my eye purely because of the extravagant first colour way. There were two colourways released at launch. This which is labelled as ‘Blue Radiance with Bright Marigold & Insignia Blue’ which was the synthetic, and also the Black/Spiced Orange which was released in a leather upper. My first impression of the colourway was that it was a good combination of colours and teamed with the predominantly white soleplate makes the boot stand out.

 

The upper is a synthetic and the quality of it surprised me. I thought that it would be a layered upper; however the upper was in fact a single layer with a small ‘film’ on the inside of it. The upper was surprisingly thin, felt close to the foot and was a good fit. 
It did need a fair bit of break-in time as it was a bit stiff from out of the box however once the upper was broke-in, it left a comfortable fit and feel. The fit on this shoe was absolutely fantastic and I was left wondering if this was the takedown model, what the high end version was like. the boot fits true to size and i had no troubles with sizing.

 On the top tier boot, the boot features rubber elements at the foot, over the instep and over the toes. On the takedown Combat it doesn't have the rubber elements but instead the screen printed arrowhead designs that don’t add any additional grip to the boot. It does however look cool in my opinion and I think it looks better with then without it.

 The Skreamer Combat has a very deep lacing system. It is pushed slightly to the outside of shoe which makes for a good fit and leaves the boot feeling tight on your foot, which is a good thing.  The heal also features Murderhole cut-outs which allows the heel area to flex easier and also so you can use the holes to make adjustments to the boots when on.




The weight of these shoes is also a good point as they weigh in at 7.8oz/221 grams. I would say that this is a good weight as it’s not overly light such as the Adizero/Nike GS but it isn't what people consider to be heavy such as the Copa Mundials.


The stud pattern was also something that made the Skreamer line stand out to me. When I first saw it I thought that it looked like a bear claw and after researching what the boot was called I found out that the name of it was called the “ClawTec” stud pattern. I found that this aggressive stud pattern worked fantastic on softer grass pitches which the pattern is designed for. I also found that on slightly wetter pitches the stud pattern held up well although on muddy pitches I was best suited playing in a SG stud pattern.



For the quality of boot that you are getting, the price for the Skreamer Combat couldn’t be better; you’re getting a thin synthetic upper which is of good quality and an overall boot that in my opinion is better than some top end models from other companies.

The Warrior Skreamer Combat can be found in a variety of colours here:
> http://sports.warrior.com/Skreamer-Combat-FG/886863466425,en_GB,pd.html?start=27&cgid=31001-1
Or for a cheaper price, the launch colourway here:



 ThatCoultasGuy.

Comments