Vans TNT 5 Review


Vans TNT 5

The TNT 5 was a shoe I never really set out to buy. I went to the Vans store to purchase another pair of my trusty Authentics and I saw these on the shelf. The first thing that drew me to them was the bright blue suede upper, which stood out around the darker Authentics and Eras.  


 
The upper of the TNT 5 is a suede material in a blue, with a white Vans logo overlay in leather. The quality of the suede is thick and looks to be durable. I have had this pair for a few months now and they are still looking good apart from they have faded considerably. The laces with the shoes come in two colours; blue and white. I didn’t take a photo with the blue laces in as they are considerably darker than the shoe as the suede has faded but I preferred the white laces from the start, hence why I kept them in. The laces themselves are a good thick lace and when tied they don’t hang down too much and they don’t come untied.

The comfort of this shoe is outstanding. The insole has gel inserts at the forefoot and heel area and is a good thickness. The shoe offers a good level of comfort when skating and doesn’t hurt your feet when on for a long period of time. The grip from the sole is also good on a plastic pennyboard and also when walking on either concrete or wet pavement.

 

 
The simple styling of the shoe makes it easy to dress with any outfit. They can be worn with jeans, chinos or trousers. My preference is to style them with black skinny jeans and a bright coloured pair of socks. I like to wear them with burgundy or mustard coloured socks.
I’ll be getting another pair of Vans for Christmas so will do a Vans collection video when I do.


Thanks for reading, ThatCoultasGuy.

Comments