TootsBoots D.I.Y Blackout Kit

TootsBoots D.I.Y Blackout Kit



Last week I took the plunge and bought the TootsBoots D.I.Y kit and it came in 2-3 days. As soon as it came I got to work on both my Nike Mercurial Miracle 3 and my Adidas F50 Adizero. 
 
The blackout kit is relatively easy to do. The kit includes a 3 part kit; the first being a Prepare Surface which preps the boots by taking the upper shine away and this helps the black go on easier and also helps the blackout flow better throughout the boot.  The second bottle include the dye and there is enough dye to do around 2-3 boots, (I also did half of my CTR turfs). The dye is easy to apply with the wool dauber included and can be touched up with the small brush, also included. The dye covers the upper well and although 3-4 coats are needed, the boots look black after one. The last bottle included is the Finisher and this adds the shine to the boots which makes them look even better and makes the surface look more even. You can see the difference underneath.
You can see the difference between the unfinished boot and the finished boot. The finished although makes the boot 'glossy' which not everyone may want, does make the boots look more professional and makes the boots look even better than without it. ^ The top boot is the finished one and the bottom is the unfinished one.

I haven't played a game in these boots yet but have played in my astros and they have held up well with no signs of the dye coming off or fading. I now have a pair of FG, SG and Astros in blackout so my collection is complete with just one kit. I will do another post once I have played in both the FG and SG boots but for the time being I am very impressed with TootsBoots product.
Before: The boots were attempted at a blackout using marker pens but it didn't work out.
After: The boots look so much better now that they have the professional blackout kit on them. 
I have also done the soleplate on the Mercurials and I am doubtful that it will stay on but it was worth a try even if it doesn't stay on.  With the Adizeros, I have blacked-out the upper and part of the soleplate to make the transition from upper to sole not as harsh as the bright blue sprintframe really stands out compared to the black upper. The sprintweb might not keep the dye on it as it is not a leather or a leather like material but again, only time will tell.. 

Overall I like the look of blacked-out boot and I think that both pairs of these boots have turned out really nice and look clean. I think that I prefer the Mercurials purely because they have the more stealth look as they have the one piece upper but I still think that the Adizeros look good.


Thanks for Reading, ThatCoultasGuy.

Comments

Post a Comment