Nike Mercurial Vapor 9 AG | REVIEW | ThatCoultasGuy

The Nike Mercurial Vapor 9 in the speed dimpled upper is what I will be reviewing today. 
 I have the AG soleplate and played on AG for the entire test. 


FIT / UPPER

The fit of the boot is amazing. The Teijin synthetic is tight to the foot which allows for a barefoot feeling when touching the ball. If you have a wider foot then you'll run into some issues and the boot won't be wide enough for your feet. 

Out of the box, the upper is soft and flexible and after a few hours of playing time it will soften up even more. It won't stretch like a natural leather will, but the upper somewhat molds to 
your foot after a half an hour of playing.

Inside the boot, there are fused on support bands in the midfoot which help the upper have some stability due to thinness of the upper.  The upper also has Speed Dimpling, something which I honestly couldn't notice. It didn't hinder the performance but I can't say it improved my playing experience. 



COMFORT 

The comfort of the boot is decent for a speed boot but not the best overall. If you're after pure comfort over the 90 minutes then I'd say go for something different. I personally prefer the Copa Mundial for pure comfort, but my most comfortable speed boot is the f50 adizero. 

After around 2 hours play time the boots did start to make my feet ache. This might not happen to everyone but is something to note. 


SIZING

Sizing wise the Vapor 9 is standard Nike sizing. I am a UK7 in Nike (Hypervenom) and the Vapor 9 fits me perfectly in a UK 7 also. They do run long slightly long, about a quarter of  a centimetre but not enough to warrant going half a size down.

DURABILITY

The durability on the Vapor 9 is fantastic. I've yet to see any issues with the boots and I've put 10+ hours in these. Using them on AG will mean the soleplate gets stained black due to the rubber pellets used but it isn't a big deal and you can scrub it off with some hard work.



TRACTION
Traction on AG is very good. I didn't encounter any slipping on AG even when the ground was wet so this is a big thumbs-up! It really does feel like wearing a FG on really nice natural grass, it just feels right. 

Overall the Mercurial Vapor 9 AG is a really good boot. If you have wider feet and want a thin synthetic upper then I would suggest getting the first gen Hypervenom due to the wider last used.  If you have the correct feet for the boots then you're going to have a perfect ride and will love the experience of playing in them. 





ThatCoultasGuy, 2015.
-------------------------------

www.youtube.com/ThatCoultasGuy
Instagram - @OliCoultas
Facebook - www.facebook.com/thatcoultasguy
Contact Me - oliverjackcoultas@gmail.com

Comments